Best and Worst Foods For Type 2 Diabetics!

Browsing Category

Diabetes : Health & Medical

Chromium For Diabetes

A minimum of 200 mcg of chromium daily is needed for at least three months to have a noticeable positive effect on insulin response. While government recommended daily doses of 80 mcg might have a healthy effect on most individuals, research suggests that this daily dosage is far too low to have any

Detailed Note on Diabetes - Type 2

This type of diabetes is quite common among people above forty years of age. It is found to rarely affect younger people. The symptoms for this type develop gradually and may take even weeks or months before you find out.

5 Important Foods to Eat For Diabetics

Treatment of diabetes is conducted not only with medicines, diet has substantial importance is controlling it. That is why a good diet plan is as indispensable for treatment of diabetes as is drugs and medication.

Diabetes Menu Plans

Being diagnosed with diabetes is not the end of the world. It is true that you need to be more careful and pay more attention to what you eat, but you can still eat a wonderful, varied, and delicious diet. Once diagnosed with diabetes, managing your illness is the key to living a long and fulfilling

Diabetics Deadly Sin Number 1

When I was first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I literally knew almost nothing about this condition. In fact, at the time, I thought I was now cursed with some awful, incurable 'disease' that would eventually kill me. Of course, that has proved to be wrong.

Diabetes - The Secret to Blood Sugar Control

It's not the food. It's not the medication. Nor is it lack of exercise or merely aging. If your blood sugar is poorly-controlled, the problem is something else entirely. In decades of treating diabetes, I've become convinced the problem is one of relationship. Now why would I say that

The Effects of Diabetes During Pregnancy

Diabetes is a disease that is characterized by increased blood glucose levels in body. It is generally associated with a deficiency of insulin or resistance of body cells towards insulin. A number of complications are associated with diabetes resulting from the increased levels of blood glucose and

Diabetes - Type Two

Diabetes is a complicated disease that comes in several different forms. The first form is Type I diabetes, where the body and the pancreas do not produce insulin, leaving the sufferer unable to process the glucose or blood sugar levels in the body. This type of diabetes usually shows up in childhoo

How Do I Avoid Diabetes?

There are two separate types of diabetes easily enough known as type 1 and type 2. Approximately 5% of the diabetic population suffers from type 1 diabetes while the remainder, a whopping 95%, suffers from type 2.

Carbohydrate Counting Diet - Know Your Carbs When Fighting Diabetes

When fighting diabetes and the various symptoms of diabetes, following a special diet may be one of the most important ways to overcome this chronic condition that can lead to dire consequences if not properly managed. Carbohydrates are one of the important factors that can affect blood sugar levels

Hemochromatosis and Diabetes

Hemochromatosis is a relatively unknown disease that is caused by an excessive build-up of iron in your body. This build-up of iron in the tissue is caused by a defective gene and can lead to organ damage. In particular, it can damage the pancreas and result in diabetes. The good news is that it is

DKA and Diabetic Pregnancy

Read about the history of diabetes during pregnancy and key clinicians who advanced its management.

Type 2 Diabetic? Avoid These Diets!

If you're a Type 2 diabetic who is overweight, your doctor has probably told you to go on a low-fat diet and lose some weight immediately.You will find that any reducing diet will take off weight in the beginning.However, the fact that you have diabetes means that you have special needs. You sh

Vitamin Treatment of Diabetic Neuropathy

Diabetic neuropathy results from damage to the nerves caused by high blood glucose (sugar) levels. Treatment of diabetic neuropathy begins with treating the diabetes and doing so includes medication and a balanced diet to keep blood glucose levels in check. Vitamins may be included in the dietetic a

The Complications of Diabetes Can Be Avoided Or Minimized

The complications of diabetes can cause severe long-term damage to the body. Knowing what these complications are is of extreme importance for those with the disease because if caught early enough they can be minimized or prevented.