- 1). Choose your VoIP service provider. There are numerous companies offering a variety of setups and service plans. Some of the top VoIP providers are Skype, Jive, Phone Power, Intalk, ITP, Phone.com, Vocalocity, Vonage, Fonebox and VYL Media.
- 2). Compare plans and services. Before you sign up, check service availability, rates and hardware requirements. MyVoipProvider offers an online comparison of the top 100 worldwide VoIP service providers as well as information about hardware and phone systems. Be sure to check out user reviews as voice quality can vary widely among providers.
Some of the most common service features are low international rates, virtual phone numbers, voice-mail-to-e-mail routing, toll-free numbers, caller ID, three-way conference calling, call hold with music, call logging and E911 (emergency 911 services).
- 3). Sign up. The best way to sign up with most providers is to go directly to their website. Some providers even offer to waive setup fees when you sign up online. You will be asked if you wish to be assigned a new telephone number or to use an existing one. You will also be asked to select your services, set up billing, order any hardware and download any software required.
- 4). Install a digital phone adapter. Almost every provider offers an easy-to-install adapter that comes with step-by-step illustrated instructions on where to plug in the adapters. This procedure does vary somewhat, however, as some adapters have built-in routers and others do not. Once the adapter is successfully installed, you will need to call the service provider's activation number and enter a code. As soon as you have done this, you may begin dialing.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Top 10 Gifts for Him
- Colourful Disney keys to catch the attention of all and sundry
- Modernizing your home with standard furniture
- Revealing Boyshort Lingerie
- Kidizoom Video Camera: The Perfect Camera for Kids!
- Valentine Day Gifts- The most Beautiful way to say it !
- Top Viral Marketing Techniques
- The Value of Email
- NY Hip Hop Sweatshirt, the Bold Way to Express Style
- Assisted Living Marketing Should Place The Consumer"s Value On Services
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us