- 1). Take divorce off of the table. Sit down as a couple and make a formal agreement that divorce is out of the question and you'll both do whatever it takes to make your marriage work. Such an agreement, when abided by, can prevent things that lead to divorce, like adultery or abuse.
- 2). Discuss how you'll handle the stressful things in life as partners. Determine how you'll handle finances and conflict resolution before they become issues. A formal plan will help you know what to do to work through stressful situations.
- 3). Be honest with your partner. Don't hide things or keep secrets. Such behavior sabotages trust and makes it difficult to have a good and happy marriage. Always be honest, regardless of how difficult or challenging that conversation may be.
- 4). Make a conscious effort to be kind and generous to your partner. Leave love notes or do things that you know make your spouse feel happy and loved.
- 5). Take time to be a married couple. Make a date night once a week or once a month and make that time together a priority. Go out to eat, go see a play or just go sit on the beach and catch up with each other. Hold hands and reconnect.
- 6). Remember that sex is important. Sex makes married couples feel closer to each other and promotes loving and happy feelings. Even if you're not always in the mood, engage in regular sex to keep your marriage strong.
- 7). Support each other's hopes and dreams. It's often difficult to share our dreams with others; so when your spouse shares a lifelong dream, do whatever you can to help your partner achieve it.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Publish a Photo Caption in HTML
- Being Realistic About Search Engine Optimization Campaigns
- How to Import Digital Content Into StoryBook Creator
- The growing potential of online brand marketing
- How to Erase My Search History
- Traffic Exchanges-how I Got 2000 Hits in 24 Hours
- How to Remove Win32 Tanatos M Virus
- Dealing With Large Spreadsheets
- Start to Finish Web Site Ideas With the Intention of Toil
- Enterprise Data Hub and Wearable Sensors - Improving Digital Lifestyle
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Family & Relationships" Categories
Stay With Us