Cleansers for Sensitive Skin
- Cleansers and soap for sensitive skin types will clean the skin without damaging or irritating the skin's surface.
Low Concentration Benzoyl Peroxide Cream
- Using a low concentration benzoyl peroxide cream, 2.5 percent or lower, will clear up acne blemishes without causing redness, peeling or itching.
- Gentle exfoliants, such as baking soda or oatmeal, can remove dead skin cells and help keep the pores from clogging with oils and impurities.
- Toner can help remove dirt and impurities that soaps miss, but using an alcohol-based toner can be too drying for the skin. Select a toner that has a base of witch hazel or aloe vera.
- Moisturizing the skin while medicating it with benzoyl peroxide creams will help it stay soft and supple. Make sure to use an oil-free lotion or moisturizer to avoid clogging the pores and causing more acne.