- 1). Soften the Fimo by working it in your hands, using both the warmth of your hands and pressure to soften it until it's smooth and pliable. If necessary, rub a small amount of mineral oil on your fingers to help soften the clay if it's too crumbly (Fimo is a harder formula when compared to other brands of polymer clay).
- 2). Build the sculpture or shape you want the crystals set in; make it as complete as possible so that further manipulation of the clay won't disrupt the placement of the stones. Press the areas where you want to place the stones so that they're relatively flat.
- 3). Make impressions for the crystals in the soft clay. Hold the crystal just above the portion of the clay sculpture where you want it to gauge the positioning before pressing it slowly into place. Press the crystal down until it's submerged in clay to the depth you want, wiggling the stone very slightly so that the impression will be a little larger than the crystal. Tip the clay piece on its side to drop the crystal out (assist with a pin, if necessary), leaving an impression in the shape of the crystal.
- 4). Repeat step 4 with all other crystals you want to place in the sculpture.
- 5). Clean the crystals with a cotton swab soaked in a solution of water with a little dish soap; this will remove oil smudges from your hands and from the clay. Set aside.
- 6). Bake the clay according to the manufacturer's instructions. Let cool.
- 7). Paint the insides of the crystal impressions using silver paint and the detail brush; this will provide a backing for the crystals to shine and keep them from disappearing into the sculpture.
- 8). Glue the crystals into the impressions. Use the toothpick to place a tiny drop of clear glue into the center of each impressing, then set the crystal in place using the needle-nosed pliers. Let dry.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us