- 1). Clean up your yard. You need to remove any piles of leaves and cut-back shrubs and keep your grass cut short. This will take away the ticks' hiding spaces.
- 2). Keep a lid on all of your trash cans to discourage mice from coming on the property. Then remove any plants that may attract deer. You may also want to put up a fence to keep deer off of your property, if you have a bad tick infestation.
- 3). Remove bird feeders. Bird seeds attracts mice and other rodents that can bring ticks on to your lawn. The birds themselves also can carry ticks.
- 4). Remove any ticks that you find indoors. You can pick them up with a set of tweezers and burn them in an ashtray. You shouldn't find too many indoors. You will mostly be concentrating your efforts outside.
- 5). Spray your lawn with a permethrin-based pesticide. Be sure to follow all of the instructions on the product label. You will also want to wear gloves, goggles and a mask when you apply the pesticide. This will kill the ticks in your lawn.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Data Structures Assignment Help services for students
- How to Find The Right School for Your Child
- Alcatraz Island
- Find it! - Finden Sie es!
- A Proposal For The Calculation Of Wear
- Customer Care Training Courses
- Know Thy Enemy: A Guide to Successful AP English Literature Test Preparation
- Mother's Day Writing Activities for Kindergarten Students
- Colleges Near Westland, Michigan
- How to Teach Grammar to Adults
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us