- 1). Remove the cover on the right side of the under-engine. Drain the engine coolant into a sealable container.
- 2). Take out the fan and the V-belt on the generator, then remove the generator assembly. Remove the two nuts that hold the water inlet in place and then pull the water inlet.
- 3). Lift out the thermostat and remove the gasket. Clean the gasket mating surfaces thoroughly of dirt and old gasket material.
- 4). Put a new gasket on the thermostat, then install the thermostat so that the jiggle valve is on top. Make sure the thermostat is set within 10 degrees to either side of the prescribed position.
- 5). Connect the water inlet and set the two nuts in place. Tighten the nuts to 8 foot pounds.
- 6). Set the generator assembly in place. Refill the engine with coolant. Start the engine and check for leaks. Replace the right side cover under the engine.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time