- 1). Fill the clean kitchen sink with water and add about 1/8 cup of heavy duty liquid detergent. Cover the drain so the water stays in the sink.
- 2). Soak the garment in the sink and hand wash. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water to remove the dye and soap.
- 3). Soak the garment in a sink of water with diluted oxygen bleach (all fabric bleach). Follow the manufacturer's instruction for the proper amount of water to bleach. Do this if the dye remains after completing the previous step. Thoroughly rinse with water.
- 4). Wash the garment in the washing machine with laundry detergent. If the dye stain remains after taking the garment out of the washing machine, do not put in the dryer and try the next step.
- 5). Soak the garment in a sink of water with liquid chlorine bleach for 15 minutes, if the dye remains after completing the previous step and the fabric is white or colorfast. Follow the instructions on the bleach bottle for the bleach to water ratio for that brand.
- 6). Rinse the garment and rewash in the washing machine.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us