- 1). Pour 1 gallon hot water into a bucket. Add 1 cup powdered dishwasher detergent and 1/4 cup oxygen bleach, that is color safe.
Sunlight can help "bleach out" some pre-treated stains.laundry image by samantha grandy from Fotolia.com
Stir the three ingredients with a paint stirrer stick until the powders are completely dissolved.
- 3). Soak the stained clothing in the homemade stain remover for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the clothing and flush the stained area with cool water.
- 4). Lay clothing that still has stains on a flat surface. Pour white vinegar over the stain, then sprinkle baking soda on top of it. Allow the stain-removing combination to foam on the stain.
Work out loosened stains with an old toothbrush.toothbrush image by Christopher Hall from Fotolia.com
Scrub the baking soda and vinegar into the remaining stain once it stops foaming using a toothbrush. Leave the combination on the stain for 10 minutes before laundering as usual.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- STAINLESS STEEL KITCHEN FABRICATION
- Corn Planting Guide for Georgia
- Quality Quilts - Buyers Guide
- My Aloe Vera Leaves Are Shriveling
- Trendy White Sectional Sofas Can Brighten Your Dwelling
- When Choosing Exterior Paint, Pick The Right Finish
- How to Help a Parent Plan for Long-Term Care
- How to Decorate Your Kitchen
- How Plants Use Glucose for Life
- Knock On Wood, Walk On Hardwood
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us