- 1). Unplug your lamp and remove the shade. Wipe the base of the lamp with a damp cloth to clean it. Clean your shells if you collected them on the beach. Boil them and scrub them with a toothbrush to remove all sand, grit and odors left behind by former residents.
- 2). Plug in your hot glue gun and pipe some glue around the edges of a shell. Place the glue side of the shell against the lamp, starting at the bottom of the lamp. Add more shells to fill in the bottom row around the whole lamp.
- 3). Glue on another row of shells. If you're using hinged shells, such as scallops or bi-valve clam shells, overlap the thin side -- or the lip -- of the shell slightly on the row below it. If not, nestle them close together, with the side you like best facing outward.
- 4). Continue covering the lamp row by row, working your way to the top. If there are any gaps or spaces you wish to cover, and a cluster of small shells in the spot to fill it in.
- 5). Glue a row of shells to the lamp shade, if desired. Glue a row of shells around the bottom edge to tie the look together.
- 6). Take your lamp and shade outdoors. Spray it with a coat or two of clear acrylic sealer or spray varnish to protect the shells and keep them looking shiny and lustrous. Allow them to dry according to the spray manufacturer's instructions.
- 7). Re-attach your lamp shade and plug in your lamp.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us