- 1). Decide on the overall objective of your reward strategy. This should bring together financial reward with the other elements that motivate staff. These include recognition, work/life balance, company culture and personal development.
- 2). Set pay structure and financial rewards to attract and retain the calibre of people your organisation needs to remain competitive. If necessary, benchmark your company's pay and conditions with competitors and other organisations of a similar size. Bear in mind that equity is important to employees, so it's vital to implement fair pay and conditions that adequately reward competence and strong performance. Include prerequisites (perks) such as company cars, employee discount schemes and interest-free staff loans.
- 3). Survey staff to get their opinions on intangible benefits, such as additional annual leave, flexible working policies, special parental leave and childcare allowances. Never impose a benefits structure from the top down; always involve your employees when designing the policies.
- 4). Create reward schemes that blend with your organisation's strategic objectives, mission statement and company culture. For example, introduce specific rewards programmes for success in key business areas, perhaps the launch of a new product or for staff who hit specific sales targets.
- 5). Communicate your organisation's reward scheme across all levels, using team briefings, staff meetings, the company intranet, internal newsletters and staff emails to get the message across to all employees. Communicate regularly to keep reward and recognition at the top of the staff agenda. Publicise success stories, particularly staff whom you reward for particularly strong performance. This can motivate your other employees to high achievement.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us