Ending the Partition Magic Process
- 1). Press "Alt," "Control" and "Delete" on your keyboard to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the "Processes" tab at the top.
- 2). Look in the list for "PMagic.exe." If you locate it, click it and select "End Process." Confirm ending the process when prompted. Close Windows Task Manager.
- 3). Close any open programs and attempt to start PartitionMagic.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling Partition Magic
- 1). Open your "Start" menu if ending the PartitionMagic process didn't work, and click "Control Panel" on the right.
- 2). Double-click "Add or Remove Programs." It will be labeled "Programs and Features" in Vista and Windows 7.
- 3). Locate and select PartitionMagic from the list, and select "Uninstall."
- 4). Confirm the uninstallation if prompted, and wait for PartitionMagic to uninstall. Reboot your computer if necessary.
- 5). Insert your PartitionMagic disk into your computer's optical drive. Follow the self-explanatory instructions for installing PartitionMagic.