- 1). Fertilize the indoor Philodendron selloum with standard houseplant fertilizer. Apply the fertilizer every four weeks from spring until midfall at the rate suggested on the label. Water the plant after fertilizing.
- 2). Leach the potting soil three times a year to remove built-up fertilizer salts. Run water over the soil until it runs out of the drainage hole at the bottom of the pot. Repeat this procedure three times, allow the pot to drain between each soaking.
- 3). Use a 10-10-10 fertilizer for the outdoor-grown philodendron. Use the rate recommended on the package and sprinkle it on the soil around the plant, at the dripline. This is the widest part of the plant. Water to a depth of 10 inches after fertilizing. Apply the fertilizer every other month while it is in active growth.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Torwin's Home Makeover With The Simple Installation Of Windows And Doors In Toronto
- Persians and Orientals - Fine Rug Cleaning
- Plumbing Tips and Tricks
- How to Remodel Tubs & Showers
- The Types of Maintenance Oils for Air Compressors
- Replacement Windows Stafford | 8 Frequently Asked Questions For Replacement Windows Stafford
- Making A Homemade Compost Bin Allows You To Refine Your System
- How to Trim Okra Leaves
- How to Landscape With Bamboo
- Lawn mower repairs Sydney – possible and affordable
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us