- 1). Fertilize the indoor Philodendron selloum with standard houseplant fertilizer. Apply the fertilizer every four weeks from spring until midfall at the rate suggested on the label. Water the plant after fertilizing.
- 2). Leach the potting soil three times a year to remove built-up fertilizer salts. Run water over the soil until it runs out of the drainage hole at the bottom of the pot. Repeat this procedure three times, allow the pot to drain between each soaking.
- 3). Use a 10-10-10 fertilizer for the outdoor-grown philodendron. Use the rate recommended on the package and sprinkle it on the soil around the plant, at the dripline. This is the widest part of the plant. Water to a depth of 10 inches after fertilizing. Apply the fertilizer every other month while it is in active growth.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us