- 1). Click the Windows "Start" button on your server. Type "cmd" and press "Enter." Your Windows server command-line window opens.
- 2). Type "sc /?" and press "Enter." This command and its "/?" switch shows you all the options and command syntax for the utility. This is helpful if you forget how to use the sc command.
- 3). Type the following into the command-line utility to load the form event DLL:
sc \\server create newservice binpath= c:\file.dll
Replace "server" with your Windows server name. Replace "newservice" with the name of the service. This name is shown in the list of processes in Task Manager. Replace "file.dll" with your own DLL file.
- 4). Press "Enter" to execute the file. The command runs and registers the DLL with your server.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us