It is no surprise that paper-based documentation has been quickly replaced by electronic medical records software.
Benefits Of EMR Software: - Your clinic will increase in efficiency.
This is due to the fact that the records are easier to organize.
- Time consuming and drawn-out paperwork that add to your overhead expenses will be eliminated.
- You can save space with the absence of paperwork.
- If you have EMR software, records are easily accessible.
- Users are provided with password access so the data is secured and confidentiality is upheld.
Unauthorized users can't get hold of the data as they might in paperwork documentation.
History of who accessed and modified data is also on hand.
- Records are backed up 3-4 times a day and a copy of which is also saved in an off-site location.
- Physicians can access patient records fast so they can be better cared for.
- Errors are eliminated with electronic prescriptions.
- Transcription costs are significantly decreased with EMR software.
- You may be given a discount on your malpractice insurance if you have reliable EMR software installed.
- Several users can access the same record, i.
the doctor and the staff, saving time significantly.
- Data can be accessed remotely.
- You can upgrade your clinic's administration by studying the statistics.
- They're easy to install, use, and integrate with other software and databases.
It is a worthy investment that can improve efficiency in patient care and administration, increasing revenues and providing you with long-term savings.
This is greatly reliant on your choice of vendor.
You must find a vendor who is established, has numerous happy clients, and provides adequate customer service and support.
Determine if you want desktop software or a cheaper web-based service.
The EMR software should fulfill your specialty's needs and should be in fulfillment of HL7 and HIPAA standards.
You must find out if the vendor provides training, and if so, will it be done on-site or web-based.
You should be sure that the software is exactly how you want it.
Know all the fees associated with the EMR software.
Find out if upgrades are free or at least, discounted.
You may also purchase a medical practice management software from the same company for better integration, or better yet, find a software that can do both tasks.