There are countless reading materials but we do not have the time to read through all of them.
By mastering some techniques for it, we may actually be able to read faster and make up for lost time.
It is definitely not magic and demands a lot of practice, consistency and sincerity.
With time, we can master this skill successfully.
How to Read Faster using Special Techniques: * You can actually read much quicker, if you do away with vocalization because by sounding out every word, you tend to lose precious time.
* It is advisable to read out chunks of words or even complete sentences instead of one word at a time.
* Avoid rereading text that has been already read once since that is likely to slow you down.
Try to get the meaning by glancing through the rest of the text.
* You can try to move your hands down a page as you read slowly.
This way, the hand sets the speed for your eyes to read.
* Using an index card can also help you to read faster.
This is placed right below the text you read and you can move the card down this page underlining every line as you go about your reading exercise.
* Skimming the topic is helpful when you want to read faster.
You can start by reading a few words to get the crux of the text so that you can continue to read faster thereafter.
* Sweeping hands across lines when you read is good for speed reading.
The hands should be moved together as one unit to avoid your vision from getting distracted.
You can even eliminate unnecessary pauses and improve your flow through this method.
* The hopping technique helps those who are keen to master the art of it.
You literally bounce around the text and read only the words near your hand.
* Grab books and strive to read faster.
By doing this, you are likely to overlook some of the words but you should continue to read to understand the text.
* Try and read headlines written in bold letters or those which are highlighted to comprehend the matter better.
* Set benchmarks when you want to learn how to do it faster.
You can do so by maintaining a record of the time taken to read a particular text every time.
* Do not read if there is no need for it and learn to prioritize your reading materials.
Ensure that you have a healthy hassle-free reading environment, free from distractions to enable you to focus on your reading.
Learning how to do it faster involves more hard work and dedication than you can imagine.
If you do not know exactly how to go about it, you may not be able to do it faster.
Getting enrolled in online courses can help you learn the skills required for speed reading.
The Internet is filled with articles containing valuable tips and tricks to help you hone your reading skills.