- 1). Draw a design freehand on a flat surface using a pencil. You can also trace a pattern onto tracing paper and then trace it onto the surface.
- 2). Purchase small tiles from a craft or home improvement store to fit the size of your pattern. If the tiles need to be cut, you can rent or purchase a tile cutter from a home improvement store. Choose a variety of colored tiles to create your design.
- 3). Place the tiles into the pattern using tile adhesive, which can be purchased from craft or home improvement stores. Apply the glue to the tile following the manufacturer's directions and place the tile into the desired pattern.
- 4). Glue down each tile until the entire pattern on the surface has been filled.
- 5). Allow the adhesive to cure according to the manufacturer's directions.
- 6). Prepare the grout by following the manufacturer's directions. Spread the grout evenly onto the tiles using a trowel, and work it into the spaces between the tiles. Remove excess grout with the trowel and then wipe the surface with a wet sponge.
- 7). Allow the grout to dry per the manufacturer's directions before placing the mosaic on display.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us