- 1). Turn off your laptop and disconnect all cables and/or devices from the computer. Close the display panel, and place the laptop face down with the front edge facing toward you.
- 2). Slide the battery release button to the left, and then remove the battery pack from its compartment in the lower left corner of the laptop.
- 3). Locate the CD/DVD drive along the left side of the laptop. Press on the small eject button on the front of the drive. This button ejects drive's release lever. Grasp the lever, and then pull the CD/DVD drive out of its compartment. Set it aside.
- 4). Remove the Phillips-head screw securing the hard drive to its compartment in the laptop's lower right corner. Pull the hard drive out of the laptop, and set it aside.
- 5). Remove the single Phillips-head screw securing the CMOS battery socket inside the empty battery pack compartment. Lift the CMOS battery socket out of the laptop and set it aside.
- 6). Remove the memory compartment cover and its retaining Phillips-head screw from the laptop's lower right corner. Spread apart the retaining metal clips on each end of the memory module inside the compartment. Tilt the module upward at a 45-degree angle. Remove the module from its memory slot. Repeat this for both memory modules inside the compartment.
- 7). Remove the two Phillips-head screws located near the center of the laptop's bottom side. These screws secure the keyboard in place. Flip the laptop over, and open the display panel as far as possible. Grasp the keyboard from below the bottom row of keys. Tilt the keyboard upward until its ribbon cable is accessible from the keyboard's bottom side. Disconnect the cable from the motherboard, and then remove the keyboard from the laptop.
- 8). Remove the three Phillips-head screws from the cooling fan assembly in the upper left corner of the laptop. Disconnect its power cable from the motherboard, and then carefully lift the entire cooling assembly out of the laptop, and set it aside.
- 9). Repeat this procedure in reverse to install the new heat sink and fan assembly.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Backpacking Information on Pakistan
- Family Holiday - Brilliant Choices Which You Might Go For
- Patagonia: A Leading Destination For Hikers And Anglers
- A Historical Guide of Lahore Attractions!
- Mathura - Important Destination
- Tourism in India
- Goa india
- Aruba Rentals To Choose From To Enjoy Your Stay In The Caribbean
- Some of the best tour packages in India
- Travel to Destination Paradise Greece
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us