- Jeans come in countless combinations of cut, style, brand and wash.jeans... image by Saskia Massink from Fotolia.com
As thin girls you should consider more than size when choosing jeans. Body shape, cut and styling of the jeans and personal style should all play a part in their decision. Consider the complete look you are trying to achieve or flaws you'd like to hide. Ask yourself if you're attempting to flaunt your thinness, appear curvier, or create a fashionable look. Functionality and comfort are important too, especially if you're wearing your jeans to work or school.
- These low rise bootcut jeans are light wash for a casual look.legs and jeans image by Paul Retherford from Fotolia.com
Low rise jeans look great on skinny girls with very flat abs. "Low rise" refers to the low waistline on a pair of jeans. Any kind of jean can have a low waist, or low rise. Most often these jeans will have a boot cut or flared leg but also come as capris and even skinny jeans.
- Skinny jeans are popular, and they look great on skinny girls. Many skinny girls prefer skinny style jeans because they flaunt their thinness. There is no extra material to make you look chunky. Very thin girls often complain that traditional cuts of jeans make them appear heavier than they are or that the jeans look saggy and ill-fitting. Skinny jeans solve these problems.
- Bootcut and flared leg jeans are flattering to any shape including skinny girls. Bootcut and flared leg jeans promote a long, sexy leg line. Very big flares, or bell bottoms, give skinny girls a cute, retro look. More traditional bootcut jeans look great with boots and heels and are a fall wardrobe staple.
- Skinny girls look great wearing jeans that are embellished. Embellishments can include embroidered designs, patches, dyed stripes, metal studs, appliques, rhinestones and much more. According to Jeans And Accessories, choosing the perfect pair of embellished jeans becomes a matter not only of taste, but also of craftsmanship. Study the placement of embellishments carefully and check the details like stitching and sturdiness when choosing embellished jeans.
- Celebrity fashion can certainly play a role in your perception of which jeans are stylish and appealing. High fashion trends change seasonally, if not yearly, but a great pair of high-end jeans which fit well and always look great on a skinny girl. Be aware that fakes and counterfeit products are all too common on the Internet. Check out a retailer before you spend a lot of money on knock-off jeans.