- 1). Download a macro program such as AutoHotkey. Click the downloaded file. If a User Account Control warning appears, click "Yes." Click "Next" to start the installation wizard.
- 2). Right-click an empty spot on your desktop or open Windows Explorer and right-click inside a folder. Select "New," then "AutoHotkey script." Type a name for the file.
- 3). Right-click the file and select "Edit Script." Place your cursor on a blank line and type your new script. Try this example: "#space::Run google.com". The "#" symbol refers to the Windows key, and "space" refers to the space bar. Therefore, pressing both keys at the same time will open your default browser to google.com. Click the "File" menu then "Save."
Use the "Run" command to launch a program (e.g. "Run Notepad"), document (e.g. "Run C:\My Documents\Address List.doc"), URL (e.g. "Run yahoo.com") or shortcut ("Run C:\My Documents\My Shortcut.lnk").
- 4). Use mouse clicks instead of keyboard strokes for your shortcuts. Launch Window Spy. Click the "Start" button, then "All Programs." Click "AutoHotkey," then select "Window Spy." Activate the window you would like to create a macro for by clicking its title bar or ALT-tabbing. Move your mouse cursor to the position that you would like to click. Write down the mouse coordinates displayed by Windows Spy. Type "Click" for a left-click and "Click Right" for a right click in place of the keyboard stroke from Step 3. Follow that with the coordinates (e.g. "Click 112, 223").
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- BCE (or B.C.E.) and CE (or C.E.)
- Online High School Homeschooling For Advanced School Diploma
- Gitm Gurgaon - Top Engineering College In India
- The Advantages of Proportional Allocation
- The Sounds of Great Writing
- How to Document Sources When Writing a Paper
- Technician Schools - Find The Correct School For You
- Flabellate Antennae
- Obtain a Food Service Certificate â€” With the Practical Training to Get Hired!
- Finches and the Cardinal
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us