- 1). Power-wash the basement walls to remove any dirt. Allow the walls to dry completely.
- 2). Measure and cut the insulation boards to fit the walls between studs.
- 3). Spread Styrofoam adhesive on the back of the first board.
- 4). Place the board in the bottom corner of the wall, pressing it firmly against the wall. Position the board vertically on the wall.
- 5). Cover the back of the next board with the adhesive, and place it on the wall next to the first board, starting at the floor. Continue installing the boards until the first row is complete.
- 6). Apply adhesive to the first board in the second row and place it on the wall on top of the boards in the first row. Stagger the boards in the second row from the boards in the first row (similar to how bricks are laid). Cut them as needed to fit, using a utility knife.
- 7). Continue installing the insulation boards until the walls have been completely covered.
- 8). Cover all of the joints with installation tape.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us