According to statistics, 100 grams of wheatgrass juice contains the following nutrients – 21.0 calories, 95 g of water, 2.0 grams of carbohydrates, 42.2 grams of chlorophyll, 0.1 grams of dietary fiber, 0.80 grams of Glucose and 92.4 grams of Choline.
Wheatgrass also contains several vitamins such as Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Vitamin C, E and Folid Acid. Along with these are the different minerals that are present in wheatgrass which may be summed up as Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorous, Zinc, Calcium, selenium and Sodium. All these ingredients make wheatgrass a truly nutritive diet. It is also known as one of the most potent healing agents on the planet.
The main cause is the chlorophyll content that wheatgrass has. Wheatgrass has a high concentration of nutrients which are available from the soil. These nutrients can very well bring about a healthy metabolism of the body performing a detoxification process. The various nutritional facts of wheatgrass can be summarized as below.
· It is the most natural ingredient to strengthen the natural immune system of the body. It provides the much wanted resistance to fight against various diseases and infections which can make the body weak and unhealthy. A regular consumption of wheatgrass can thus keep the body immune to these diseases making it strong and healthy.
· It is a natural detoxification agent and helps in reducing tension and stress. It also keeps the foul odors off the body which can result due to sweat. This detoxification factor also helps in improving the overall digestive system of the body helping in improving the liver functions as well as renews the tissues. · Wheatgrass also contains eight amino acids like tryptophan, lysine, methionine, valine, leucine, isoleucine, threonine and phenylalanine which are considered to be very healthy for the overall body growth.
· The chlorophyll found in wheatgrass helps in providing the much-needed oxygen to the cells through the blood. This in turn promotes the overall vitality of the human body.
· The enzymes present in raw wheatgrass can be helpful as an anti-ageing ingredient which can result in reducing the effect of grey hairs as well as provide the right remedies for faster healing against illness and wounds.
· Wheatgrass also contains proteins which help in energizing the body and raising its energy levels.
· This natural herb also helps to increase the blood Hemoglobin count which can be a vital source against disorders such as Thalassemia and Anaemic conditions.
· Wheatgrass is the perfect remedy for anemic conditions. It provides immediate energy to the body as well as keeps the mind more alert. It is also used to provide the much needed stamina for your body.
· Wheatgrass can also be used as a source to repair the DNA system in the body. Some of these cereal grasses have some amazing regenerative and productive properties which help to repair and assist the cells. They fix these cells in the damaged DNA and thus help to keep off the diseases which may harm the overall body development.
· Liver is the one of the main organs of the body which helps to keep the body healthy and active. It has around 500 different functions to perform. One of the main benefits of Wheatgrass is that it improves the overall functioning of the liver and thus helps in regenerating and stimulating the liver. .These are some of the main nutritional facts regarding wheatgrass. As you can see, this herb can really bring about some positive concepts regarding your health as a whole. So, the next time you hear about wheatgrass, take these factors into consideration.