- 1). Put your Windows XP CD in the CD-ROM drive and restart your computer. If you are able to get back into Windows after your crash, you can restart by clicking on the "Start" menu, choosing "Shut Down" and selecting ''Restart" from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, simply insert your CD in the drive and power up your computer.
- 2). Press a key on your keyboard when you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message. This will start your computer from the XP disk.
- 3). Hit "Enter" at the "Welcome to Setup" screen.
- 4). Hit the "F8" key after you have read the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- 5). Follow the directions on the screen to format (erase) part of your hard drive so that Windows XP can be installed. Input your software key when the screen that asks you to do so comes up. Formatting your hard drive and installing Windows XP will take some time after you have begun the process.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Indoor Paintball Games
- How to Stop Coming Over the Top in the Golf Swing
- Fun Math Board Games
- An Appreciation of Lynn Mctaggart, the Field and the Intention Experiment
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider Anniversary Cheats
- Groove Your Golf Swing the Easy Way - With the Medicus Driver!
- Quechua Tents: For the Camping Pro or the Beginner
- Triathlon Training For Beginners - Dispelling Popular Training Strategies
- Five Features Make Online Bingo Popular!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us