- 1). Clean the fish by rinsing it off with cold water.
- 2). Mix 1 quart of water with 1/2 cup of non-iodized salt and 1/2 cup of sugar in a small pail.
- 3). Stir the brine mixture until the salt and sugar are completely dissolved.
- 4). Place the fish in the brine and place the pail in the refrigerator. Let the fish soak for 12 hours.
- 5). Remove the fish from the brine and place it onto a paper towel. Let it dry for one hour.
- 6). Place your preferred type of wood chips into the smoker.
- 7). Place the fish on the smoker and smoke it for 2 hours at 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time