- 3/4 pound green beans, ends trimmed, left whole or cut in half (your preference)
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar (also called white rice vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon chili sauce or chili oil (or to taste)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons toasted white or black sesame seeds
- Yield: Serves 3 to 4
In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside. (Note: it’s best to do this before preparing the rest of the meal to give the flavors a chance to blend).
Steam the green beans for about 2 - 3 minutes, until tender crisp. (Note: Don't know how? Here is a video showing how to cook green beans). Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process and drain thoroughly.
Place the green beans in a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds just before serving.
Note: Both the toasted sesame seeds and dressing can be prepared up to 3 days ahead of time. Keep the dressing covered in the refrigerator. Toss the green beans with dressing and garnish with sesame seeds just before serving.
More Green Bean Recipes:
Szechuan Green Beans (using long beans)
Chinese Green Beans
Chinese Green Beans With Pork - with ground pork and Szechuan preserved vegetable
Easy Green Beans With Mushrooms
More Chinese Vegetable Recipes
Main Chinese Food Recipe File