How to Change an Address With the U.S. Postal Service

104 23


    • 1). Navigate to the official change of address form online.

    • 2). Acknowledge the privacy statements, the privacy act and the additional notes listed on the page by clicking on the orange arrow.

    • 3). Select whether the move is temporary or permanent and click "Continue." Enter your full name and current mailing address, as well as the address to which you are forwarding the mail, and click "Continue."

    • 4). Enter your credit card information and click "Continue" to allow a $1 verification fee to be processed. This will verify that you have the authority to make such a change by comparing your mailing address to the address registered with your credit card company.

    • 5). Confirm your change of address order and click submit to process it.

    By Phone

    • 1). Call 800-275-8777 and say "change of address" to select the correct option.

    • 2). Confirm or deny whether or not your address is a P.O. Box or military address by answering "yes" or "no".

    • 3). Say or enter the 10-digit phone number of the address you are moving from and confirm that it's correct by answering "yes" or pressing "1."

    • 4). Say "individual," "family" or "business" to indicate the type of address. Say "yes" to confirm your choice. Say "permanent" or "temporary" to indicate the type of move you are making. Say the month and day that you want the postal service to begin forwarding the mail. Confirm your answer by saying "yes" or pressing "1."

    • 5). Say your complete new address. Confirm the address by saying "yes" or pressing "1." Enter your credit card number and expiration date. Confirm the number by saying "yes" or pressing "1," Your card will be charged a $1 verification fee for this service.

    In Person or By Mail

    • 1). Go to your local Post Office and request PS Form 3575, or ask your local mail carrier for the form.

    • 2). Fill out the form completely in blue or black ink. The information needed will be the same as what is requested online or by telephone.

    • 3). Sign and date the form. Hand the form to your mail carrier, deliver it to your local post office or drop it in a mail collection box.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

"Law & Legal & Attorney" MOST POPULAR