- 1). Ensure that the shotgun is completely unloaded prior to cleaning.
- 2). Open the breech by depressing the release lever located on top of the shotgun.
- 3). Apply a light coat of gun-cleaning solution to the shotgun bore-cleaning swab. Attach the cleaning swab to the bore plunger.
- 4). Insert the bore plunger into the barrel. Push down and twist, then pull back up. Change the swab and apply more cleaner when the swab turns black. Continue this process until no powder residue is visible on the swab.
- 5). Apply cleaner to a gun-cleaning brush and scrub the region around the firing pin. Powder residue tends to cake up on this area. Scrub and wipe with a clean rag until no more powder residue is visible.
- 6). Apply a gun cleaner to the exterior metal and scrub away any rusted areas or dirt. Wipe the metal down with a clean rag.
- 7). Apply a wood oil to the stock to keep the stock supple and to help prevent cracking or dry rot. Wipe the oil with a rag until the wood absorbs the oil.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Publish a Photo Caption in HTML
- Being Realistic About Search Engine Optimization Campaigns
- How to Import Digital Content Into StoryBook Creator
- The growing potential of online brand marketing
- How to Erase My Search History
- Traffic Exchanges-how I Got 2000 Hits in 24 Hours
- How to Remove Win32 Tanatos M Virus
- Dealing With Large Spreadsheets
- Start to Finish Web Site Ideas With the Intention of Toil
- Enterprise Data Hub and Wearable Sensors - Improving Digital Lifestyle
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us