- 1). Boot both the PCs. Wait till both of them finishes the startup process and are ready to be used.
- 2). Connect both the PCs with the USB cable. Insert one end of the cable into the USB port of your old PC and the other end into the USB port of the new PC. Wait till both PCs recognize the USB cable. This should also start an installation wizard.
- 3). Choose the installation type by selecting "USB Super link adapter." Hit "Next."
- 4). Select "High Speed Data Bridge" from the "Mode" drop-down menu.
- 5). Click on the Start menu and select "Run..." Type "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes and hit "Enter."
- 6). Click on the little plus sign to expand "System Devices." Check to make sure your USB cable is listed as "Hi-Speed USB Bridge Cable." Your cable may use a slightly different name, depending on the manufacturer.
- 7). Insert the installation disk that was packaged with the USB cable into your CD/DVD-ROM drive. Follow the guided prompts to install the data transfer software. Repeat this step for the other computer to install the same software.
- 8). Launch the program in both the computers. You should see a two-sided window. On its left side it will show your computer and on its right side it will show the remote computer or the new computer where you want to transfer the data.
- 9). Select the drive/partition as per your preference. Drag the folders and files you want to transfer and drop them to the desired location. Disconnect the cable when the transfer is done.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us