- 1). Put on rubber gloves and combine one part TSP or trisodium phosphate with four parts water in a bucket.
- 2). Clean off the vanity and the area around it with the TSP/water mixture using a sponge. Then dry with towels.
- 3). Insert a tube of silicone caulk into a caulk gun and spread a bead of caulk around the edges of the vanity against the wall to keep water from dripping into the small crevices. Let the caulk dry for about 20 minutes.
- 4). Abrade the walls around the top of the vanity with 80-grit sandpaper, roughening the surface but not removing the existing paint. Wipe down with a tack cloth thereafter.
- 5). Spread mastic on the walls around the vanity with a trowel, then set the first row of tiles against the wall, putting spacers between each tile. Apply more mastic to the wall and set the next row of tiles, using spacers to separate each individual tile as well as the rows.
- 6). Continue to spread mastic on the walls, setting tiles and spacers between until the area around the vanity is covered. Let the mastic set overnight or about 12 hours.
- 7). Remove the spacers and spread grout between each tile with the trowel. Allow the grout to dry for two to four hours or as long as recommended by the manufacturer, then clean the tiles with TSP and water and dry with towels.
- 8). Apply a coat of tile sealer using a clean sponge to complete the finish around the vanity.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us