- 1). Set up your DJ coffin, if you have one, as is indicated in the manual. A coffin allows you to take your Technics turntable stereo system on the go, as well as protects your turntables from falls or other damage. If you don't have a DJ coffin, a sturdy picnic table or dining table will suffice for temporary in-home Technics stereo turntable system use.
- 2). Place your Technics SL-1200 turntables in the two secured locations in the coffin, or about 18 inches apart if you are using a table.
- 3). Set up your DJ mixer in the central space of the coffin, or between your Technics turntables on the table. If you don't have a good DJ mixer, check out the Musician's Friend website for a selection of DJ mixers sure to fit your needs and budget. Be careful of shoddy, cheap DJ mixers. It just isn't worth it.
- 4). Run an RCA cable from each of your Technics SL-1200 turntables to the stereo DJ mixer. RCA cables of the single-channel shielded variety are less common than component cables. Using poor quality cables with such an expensive Technics stereo setup is shooting yourself in the foot. Try Radio Shack or pro audio stores for good quality single-channel shielded RCA cables.
- 5). Run a component left/right shielded RCA cable from the mixer's split-channel stereo output to your powered monitors or powered PA speakers. Unless you are going to be performing live as a DJ with your Technics stereo system, some 20 to 80 watt powered monitors should suit your purpose nicely. Good home use powered monitors can be had for as little as $99.
- 6). Check the status of the needle and cartridges on your Technics SL-1200 turntables to make sure that they are in good working order.
- 7). Hook up a power strip and plug your Technics turntables, stereo DJ mixer and monitors or PA system in. All the wiring can be neatly threaded through the wire cavity in the rear central portion of your coffin. If you don't have a DJ coffin yet, try clamping the wires together with a zip tie to avoid tangles, especially if you won't be moving your Technics stereo system often.
- 8). Fire up the power, making sure that you are pushing sound through your ready to go Technics SL-1200 DJ stereo system. Put on your favorite records and start spinning.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Backpacking Information on Pakistan
- Family Holiday - Brilliant Choices Which You Might Go For
- Patagonia: A Leading Destination For Hikers And Anglers
- A Historical Guide of Lahore Attractions!
- Mathura - Important Destination
- Tourism in India
- Goa india
- Aruba Rentals To Choose From To Enjoy Your Stay In The Caribbean
- Some of the best tour packages in India
- Travel to Destination Paradise Greece
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us