- 1). Cloudy water. Make sure filter is working properly. Filter basket should be emptied every week, and filter should run at least 2 hours a day (more often with heavy use). A pH of over 7.6 can cause cloudiness. Treat water so that pH falls within recommended range of 7.2 to 7.6. Eventually, residue builds up in water. Every two to four months, empty tub completely. Clean sides with a nonabrasive cleanser and sponge, rinse and wipe with household disinfectant. Refill tub. (Make sure a wooden tub is not left empty for more than two days. The pressure of the water's weight keeps the joints between boards tightly closed.)
- 2). Water irritates eyes and skin. The pH may be too low or too high; treat water to adjust it. Water may have too much chlorine (free chlorine should measure from 1.0 to 3.0 parts per million [ppm]). Once a week, shock (or superchlorinate) water by adding a much greater amount of chlorine than usual. Follow package directions very closely, and don't go into spa again until chlorine level has gone back down.
- 3). Leaks in a wooden tub. If leaks are coming from between staves, tighten bands around tub. If tub still leaks, plug leak with silicone caulk.
- 4). Scale. To avoid these rough calcium deposits, keep pH in the proper range and treat water so that its calcium hardness is between 150 and 400 ppm.
- 5). Algae. Drain and clean spa as described in "Cloudy water," above. To keep algae off, chlorinate regularly, and keep tub covered when not in use.
- 6). Stains and colored water. These usually indicate metals, such as copper, in water. You should be able to find products for removing metals at a pool store or water-care company.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Invest In A Leadership Speaker
- Kids Easels: The Perfect Gift For Your Youngster
- Everything Happens For a Reason
- The Right Way To Get A Six Pack In 3 Simple Steps
- How to Flavor a Cigar With Cognac
- The Truth About Abs Workout - How I Transformed My Life and Physique With The Truth About Abs
- Sports Betting Winner
- P90x Workout Program - Does P90x Really Work?
- Climbing Made Easy With Spurs
- How to Can Fresh Peaches & Keep Their Color
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us