- 1). Open your anti-virus software. Connect to the Internet, then launch the "Update" utility to allow the software to download and install the most up-to-date virus definitions. If you do not update your anti-virus software, it may not detect newer viruses or malware.
- 2). Restart your computer. Tap "F8" repeatedly after the computer boots to display Windows' startup options. If a keyboard error appears, restart your computer, wait a few seconds, then try again.
- 3). Select "Safe Mode" from the startup options. Press "Enter." Log in as an administrator.
- 4). Click "Start," "All Programs," and then select your antivirus software from the list of programs.
- 5). Select the "Scan" option, then select any drives you want to search for viruses. If your hard drive has multiple partitions, you may need to expand the drive, then check any boxes next to each partition.
- 6). Check the "Full Scan" option, if it is present. Click "Start" to begin scanning your computer for viruses.
- 7). Once the virus scan is complete, follow the onscreen instructions to remove the infections from your computer. Once any infections have been removed, restart your computer and rerun your anti-virus to confirm that all traces of the infection are gone.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us