- 1). Open your anti-virus software. Connect to the Internet, then launch the "Update" utility to allow the software to download and install the most up-to-date virus definitions. If you do not update your anti-virus software, it may not detect newer viruses or malware.
- 2). Restart your computer. Tap "F8" repeatedly after the computer boots to display Windows' startup options. If a keyboard error appears, restart your computer, wait a few seconds, then try again.
- 3). Select "Safe Mode" from the startup options. Press "Enter." Log in as an administrator.
- 4). Click "Start," "All Programs," and then select your antivirus software from the list of programs.
- 5). Select the "Scan" option, then select any drives you want to search for viruses. If your hard drive has multiple partitions, you may need to expand the drive, then check any boxes next to each partition.
- 6). Check the "Full Scan" option, if it is present. Click "Start" to begin scanning your computer for viruses.
- 7). Once the virus scan is complete, follow the onscreen instructions to remove the infections from your computer. Once any infections have been removed, restart your computer and rerun your anti-virus to confirm that all traces of the infection are gone.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Solve your legal business issues with the help of San Francisco Attorneys
- Driver Who Hit Pedestrian Comes Clean
- Criminal Law is a Noble Calling
- Michigan ADA Handicap Ramp Specifications
- Accidents at Work - Dos and Don"ts
- Ancient Civilizations' Uses for Jewelry
- Florida Drivers Rules
- How to Write Arabic Words
- What to look at while choosing lawyers in Richmond va
- Looking For Personal Injury Attorney? Read On
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us