- 1). Open the chamber to see if the gun is loaded. Remove any ammunition. Turn the safety to "on."
- 2). Slide open the operating handle. Push the firearm's magazine-latch button. Slide it forward. Your magazine latch is located at the front of the trigger guard. Pull your firearm's magazine off the gun.
- 3). Push forward the bolt-release button. This is located on the gun's left side, just in front of your trigger guard. Push down the trigger-plate pins. This will release the bolt. Remove your trigger mechanism.
- 4). Pull out the bolt action from the gun; you will be able to do this once the trigger is removed.
- 1). Open the chamber to see if the gun is loaded. Remove any ammunition in the gun.
- 2). Depress the safety to unlock your bolt. Raise the gun's bolt handle, and pull it back.
- 3). Turn your gun onto its right side. Find the bolt stop on the inside left of the receiver.
- 4). Depress the bolt stop with the flathead screwdriver. Pull out the bolt from the rifle.
Other Remington Models
- 1). Follow the same bolt-action removal method for most Remington bolt-action rifles. Open the chamber to see if the gun is loaded. Remove any ammunition in the gun. Turn the safety to "on."
- 2). Pull back the bolt. Push it forward to cock your gun.
- 3). Insert the hex key. Turn it counterclockwise. Pull out the bolt from the rifle.