- 1). Determine the shape of the foundation. If the foundation is rectangular, calculating the width can be done in one step. However, if the foundation is an odd shape, you must take the width of each section of the foundation.
- 2). If the foundation is rectangular in shape, stand in front of the foundation and, using a tape measure, calculate the entire width from the foundation's outer left wall to the outer right wall. Having a second person to hold the tape measure as you stretch it across the foundation will make this process easier.
- 3). If the foundation is broken up into two or more pieces, such as a porch off to the side of the house, take the tape measure and first measure the width (left to right when standing in front of the house looking at it straight on) of the main structure. Then, measure the width of the porch area and add it to the width of the main structure. Make sure the widths do not overlap, however. You want to have one width for the entire house.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Backpacking Information on Pakistan
- Family Holiday - Brilliant Choices Which You Might Go For
- Patagonia: A Leading Destination For Hikers And Anglers
- A Historical Guide of Lahore Attractions!
- Mathura - Important Destination
- Tourism in India
- Goa india
- Aruba Rentals To Choose From To Enjoy Your Stay In The Caribbean
- Some of the best tour packages in India
- Travel to Destination Paradise Greece
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us