- 1). Get difficult messes off by washing with hot, soapy water. If the mess doesn't scrub off easily, soak it in the soapy water. You can also try placing the dried, cool pan in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer, and the dried, frozen mess should come off. Also try placing a fabric softener sheet inside the pan or dish; fill with warm water and let it sit for a while before rinsing.
- 2). Deal with cast-iron pots that have cooked-on messes by making a paste from coarse salt and vegetable oil. Scrub the mess with this first, then wash with hot water.
- 3). Clean scorches off aluminum pans with a cream-of-tartar mixture. In the scorched pan, boil one quart of water and two tablespoons of cream-of-tartar. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing. Clean exterior scorching by sponging on the cream-of-tartar solution and letting it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing.
- 4). Shine dulled surfaces by rubbing with lemon halves, either by themselves or dipped in salt. The acid removes stains and restores shine. Alternately, cover the dulled surface with a layer of ketchup. Let the ketchup sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
- 5). Maintain your cookware's appearance and use by washing by hand, using mild dish detergent. Avoid harsh detergents and the dishwasher.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Non-Student Federal Loan Consolidation
- How to Stop Connecticut Unemployment Claims Online
- 4 Fast Indexing and Instant Traffic Tips for New Blog
- 0 Down Home Loans – Get That Home of Your Dreams
- Bad Credit Car Loans-ride Your Own Car Without Any Financial Problem
- Steps to Ensure That You Find the Top Cleaning Company Redbridge
- Effective Mortgage Loan Modification Tips for Homeowners
- Gucci Purses Cheap On State of Affairs You Keep at
- How to Make Money Both Ways Whether Stocks Go Up Or Down!
- How Much Can I Contribute to My Self-Employment 401K?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us