- 1). Lay the newspaper on a flat surface, such as a table or the floor, giving yourself a large work area.
- 2). Change into old clothes and don the gloves to protect your skin from staining and possible irritation.
- 3). Remove any shoe laces. Dampen one cloth and place a small amount (dime-sized) of the detergent on it. Clean the shoes, rubbing the material in a gentle, circular motion to remove any dirt and dust. Allow to dry for 5 to 10 minutes on the newspaper.
- 4). Use a second cloth to rub the shoe polish into the shoes, also in soft, circular motions. Make sure to cover the entire surface of the shoe. Allow to dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5). Buff the shoes gently with the third cloth, also rubbing in a circular motion. This action removes excess polish and gives the shoes a shiny appearance. Allow to dry overnight, or up to 24 hours, before wearing.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time