- 1). Rearrange the equation of the line until it is in standard y = mx + b form, also known as slope-intercept form. For the equation 3y - 6x = 9, divide all of the terms by 3 and then add 2x to each side. This would produce the equation y = 2x + 3.
- 2). Identify the number that is by itself, i.e. the coefficient that is not next to an "x." This coefficient, including the positive or negative sign, is b. So, for example, if the equation of a line is y = 2x + 3, its b value would be 3. If the equation is y = 2x - 3, its b value would be -3.
- 3). Write "(0, b)" with "b" being the b-value calculated in the previous step. The b value is the second number listed in the coordinates because "b" is the y coordinate of the y-intercept and coordinates are always listed with the x coordinate first and the y coordinate second. The x coordinate of the y-intercept is always zero. Therefore, the y-intercept is located at (0, b). If the equation of a line is y = 2x + 3, it would have a y-intercept at (0, 3).
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us