- 1). Let the air out of the tire using a valve core removal tool. Turn it counterclockwise until the core comes out.
- 2). Break the beads with a bead breaker. Hit the back of the bead breaker with a rubber mallet unit you hear popping sounds. Once you hear the popping sounds the beads are broken. This is by far the hardest step.
- 3). Lubricate the tire with dish-washing soap. Place a large flat head screwdriver between the tire and the rim. Pry the beads over the rim.
- 4). Remove the old valve stem. Pull the new valve stem through from the inside with the valve core tool.
- 5). Unscrew the core (counterclockwise) and inflate the tire. There should be more than enough force flowing through to seal the beads.
- 6). Reinsert the core turning clockwise with the valve stem tool.
- 7). Check for leaks on the vulvae stem by dripping small amounts of water on it.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time