- 1). Define the business model. A business model is the process or system by which a company creates value. It often encompasses the company's core practices, including accounting, information technology, finance and operations. To develop a holistic picture of your business model, organize a meeting with managers so that everyone can contribute to the creation of a detailed and accurate business model.
- 2). Organize and synthesize workflow documents. More than likely, the company already has extensive documentation on its standard operating procedures and workflow management. Integrate those documents into an operational plan to supplement the business model.
- 3). Sketch activity diagrams. Most activity diagrams use unified modeling language (UML). Following UML specifications, create simple diagrams that demonstrate the step-by-step workflow, including possible iterations and contingencies. You will use these in conjunction with your business process model.
- 4). Build the business process model. Most current modeling is accomplished with software suites. Extensible markup language (XML) process definition language (XPDL) is a popular programming language that is commonly used to create such models. Using an XPDL software program, map the entirety of the business process, from pre-production and business development to risk management and contingencies. While this can be a painstakingly slow task, the benefits of having a unified knowledge base that details all of the business process help during efficiency reviews and managerial changes.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us