- 1). Place at the top-right of the document "No." followed by an blank line. Below it, insert another blank line ending with "Registry". These will be later filled in by the BC courts.
- 2). Insert the phrase, "IN THE SUPREME COURT OF BRITISH COLUMBIA" in all capital letters, using a bold font. Place the heading below the "No." and "Registry" lines in the center of the document.
- 3). Include the word "BETWEEN" in capital, bold lettering below the heading, situated to the left of the page. Name the party seeking the petition below it. Under the name, insert the word "PETITIONER(S)" to the right of the page in bold, capital letters. Place "AND:" to the left of the page, aligned with "BETWEEN".
- 4). Insert the name of the opposing party below "AND:", then place the word "RESPONDENT(S)" aligned to the right of the page. Put the word in all caps and in bold.
- 5). Type "PETITION TO THE COURT" in the center of the document below the word "RESPONDENT(S)" in bold, capital letters. Followed by "THIS IS THE PETITION OF:", aligned to the left of the page. Name the petitioner and his address.
- 6). Include "ON NOTICE TO:" on the left side, followed by the names and addresses of all opposing parties.
- 7). Insert sections that state the time and notice of appearance, as well as the time of response to the petition particular to the situation (See Resources). Sign and date the petition and file it with the British Columbia court.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Law & Legal & Attorney" Categories
Stay With Us