- 1). Wire brush the surfaces of wrought iron, either with a hand-held brush or a wire brush attachment for a drill. Remove all loose and flaking paint in the crevices and carvings using a scraper and/or small wire brushes.
- 2). Use sandpaper to smooth rough edges and clean rust where the paint has already flaked off. It is not necessary to remove all the paint if it is still adhered securely.
- 3). Clean all surfaces with rags and paint thinner, changing to clean rags often. Remove all dust and dirt. Allow to dry. Wipe all surfaces with a tack rag.
- 4). Apply a rust inhibitor to all surfaces, being sure to get it into all the crevices and carvings. Rust inhibitor bonds with the surface and prevents any rust from reappearing.
- 5). Apply metal primer either by spraying or brushing on. Allow to dry the amount of time suggested by the manufacturer on the product packaging.
- 6). Spray or brush on one to three coats of the finish paint, allowing to dry between coats.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us