- A teaspoon of baking soda in eight ounces of water will neutralize the stomach acid and alleviate the symptoms of heartburn.
- A chewable antacid such as Rolaids or Tums can safely be taken during pregnancy, but in moderation.
- Papaya enzyme is a natural way to alleviate heartburn and soothe upset stomach, and is safe to take during pregnancy.
- Changes in your diet will help cure heartburn during pregnancy. Avoid caffeine, carbonated beverages, spicy and acidic foods such as tomatoes and oranges.
- Eating smaller meals, especially when pregnant, can head off an episode of heartburn.
- Drinking a glass of milk will help alleviate heartburn while pregnant.