- 1). Raise the hood and locate the routing diagram for the accessory belt. The diagram on the Ford F-250 is stamped to the top of the fan shroud. Refer to the routing instructions from this guide to install the new belt properly.
- 2). Locate the belt tensioner on the front of the engine. The tensioner is made up of a spring-loaded arm with a roller pulley attached to the bottom of the arm. Use the square hole on the side of the tensioner to relieve the tension from the belt.
- 3). Insert the end of the breaker bar into the square hole on the side of the tensioner. Turn the breaker bar clockwise to relieve the tension from the belt.
- 4). Reach in with your hand and slide the belt out from under the roller pulley that is attached to the bottom of the tensioner. Slowly release the breaker bar until the tensioner stops retracting.
- 5). Remove the belt from the other accessory pulleys. Pull the belt around the fan blades and up out of the engine well.
- 6). Route the new belt around the fan blades and around each accessory exactly as shown on the belt routing diagram. Make sure that the belt is seated inside each pulley.
- 7). Crank the engine for about 10 seconds to completely fit the new belt inside each accessory pulley. Turn the engine off.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time