Generally, these type of ethical hackers work day and night to provide security to IT systems. At times, they can even break into any other system in the course of an investigation on the ground of doubts. Both black hat hackers (also known as crackers) and white hat hackers essentially do the same thing, but an ethical hacker has altruistic motivations.
How To Become An Ethical Hacker
Earlier to become an ethical hacker there were three main ways - a history or expertise in malicious hacking, being a bright computer science graduate, and possessing a training background in systems or administration or a combination of all three.
Nowadays it has become easier for people to become an ethical hacker as there are many private institutions and colleges, who are offering full-time ethical hacking training, embedded system training network security training and many more courses.
The ethical hacking training courses have been designed on the basic principles of how to catch a thief by employing their own tricks against them. Usually, an ethical hacking training course covers the following topics, such as:
- Basics of networking
- Basics of operating systems
- Basics of databases
- Techniques of windows hacking
- Restoration of deleted files
- Editing of registries
- Cracking of password
- Counter measure of password breaking
- Computer forensics
- Network hacking
- Security tools
- Hacking tools
- Tracking of e-mail
- Router hacking
- Port scanning
- Vulnerability of windows platform
- Viruses and their mode of spreading
After the completion of the course, one gets the opportunity to practice hacking in an ethical way to ensure the security of confidential and important data. Moreover it also instills in students a strong ethical sense of what they should and shouldn’t do as security professionals.
Major benefits of ethical hacking training course
- For students, a good ethical hacking training course helps to build a successful career in many big and small IT firms or other corporate firms. The future prospect of ethical hackers is bright as more and more companies are taking all possible steps to ensure security of various data and networks.
- A full time ethical hacking training course opens doors for those who want to build a professional career in teaching. This course will never be out of market and in future many more private institutions, colleges and universities will include the ethical hacking training course in their curriculum given the ever-burgeoning market demand for IT security professionals.
The benefits of training ethical hackers are much higher as compared to the risks associated with it. But it is essential to do the course from a reputed institution or college to get the maximum benefit.