- 1). Inspect each drum to make sure it is free of any holes. To prevent the drums from rusting in the water, apply a coat of rust-resistant enamel to the outside of each drum and allow to dry for 24 hours.
- 2). Lash your oil drums together side by side. Wrap a rope around the drums and secure with a square knot to hold the drums together tightly. For simple, single-person rafts, you can often go with just two or three drums; however, you can make the raft as large as you want.
- 3). Place wooden poles above and below the oil drums, in the joint where the drums meet.
- 4). Lash the top and bottom poles together using rope. This will clamp the barrels between them and keep the barrels in place.
- 5). Slide the raft into some still, shallow water and test the rigging once it gets wet. Tighten the ropes or re-lash if necessary.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us