- 1). File the Supplemental Petition to Modify Child Support, the Supreme Court Family Law Form 12.905 (b), at the court where the original child support order was entered. This form is available at the courthouse or can be filled in and printed from the Florida State Courts website (see Resources).
- 2). Notify the custodial parent that you have filed for modification of child support. The custodial parent must respond to your petition within 20 days, or a Motion for Default will be filed at the first court appearance regarding the petition. Once a Motion for Default is entered, a final hearing date will be set by the judge to determine whether modification is appropriate.
- 3). Plead your case at the final hearing by putting forth your best argument in a clear, respectful and professional manner. Use evidence, such as bank statements, to verify any statements you are making and to demonstrate a change in financial circumstances. The more proof you have supporting your case, the more likely modification will be granted. Since Florida courts are concerned with the interests of the child above all else, make sure to also specifically state why a modification is in the child's best interest.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us