- 1). File the Supplemental Petition to Modify Child Support, the Supreme Court Family Law Form 12.905 (b), at the court where the original child support order was entered. This form is available at the courthouse or can be filled in and printed from the Florida State Courts website (see Resources).
- 2). Notify the custodial parent that you have filed for modification of child support. The custodial parent must respond to your petition within 20 days, or a Motion for Default will be filed at the first court appearance regarding the petition. Once a Motion for Default is entered, a final hearing date will be set by the judge to determine whether modification is appropriate.
- 3). Plead your case at the final hearing by putting forth your best argument in a clear, respectful and professional manner. Use evidence, such as bank statements, to verify any statements you are making and to demonstrate a change in financial circumstances. The more proof you have supporting your case, the more likely modification will be granted. Since Florida courts are concerned with the interests of the child above all else, make sure to also specifically state why a modification is in the child's best interest.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Tell a Guy You Like Him - 4 Tips to Say I Love You to Your Man
- Be Responsible For Your Online Dating Security On Afroromance
- How to Give Her the Greatest Orgasm Ever! An Absolute Must Know For Every Man
- How to Get Your Man Back and Keep Him Devoted to You for Good
- Dating - The Psychology Behind Dating Younger Women
- How To Give Your Girl Multiple Orgasms Tonight! Be The Best She Has Ever Had!
- Don"t Let Your Relationship Be a Boring One
- How to Use Herbs to Increase Sexual Satisfaction
- The Need for Netiquette When Connecting With People
- Why Online Dating is For Everyone - Online Dating Tips
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us