- 1). Sit in the Protege's driver's seat. Take the key out of the ignition, if it's not already out, and open the driver's door.
- 2). Insert the Protege's key. Turn it from "Off" to "On" to "Off" again. Do this two more times, and then take the key out.
- 3). Push the black button on the edge of the door frame three times. You'll find this button about half-way down the edge of the door frame. Listen for the door chime buzzer to sound. You'll hear this sound within 40 seconds.
- 4). Push a button on the remote. You'll hear the door chime buzzer. Push it twice more.
- 5). Program additional remotes at this time. If you are programming two remotes, push the button on each remote twice, instead of three times.
- 6). Push the black button on the edge of the door frame again. You should hear a chime. The doors should also lock and unlock, which tells you the remote was programmed successfully.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time