- 1). Lay your quilt top out smooth on a table. Using your mechanical pencil and rotary ruler, mark an "X" in each pattern square. (To increase efficiency, draw lines through a series of squares aligned on the diagonal.) Repeat this process over the entire surface of the quilt in both directions.
- 2). Layer and baste your quilt top, batting and backing. Attach the backing to the stretcher bars with the wrong side of the fabric facing up using the long safety pins. Lay the batting on the backing, then smooth the top over the batting. Use the brass safety pins to secure the three layers together. Remove the quilt sandwich from the stretcher bars.
- 3). Loosen the wing nut on your quilting hoop, and remove the outer hoop. Slide the inner hoop under the quilt sandwich to the center of the quilt, and lay the outer hoop on the top of the sandwich over the inner hoop and push the two hoops together. Tighten the wing nut and gently adjust the tension of the quilt sandwich in the hoop by pressing in the center of the hoop to loosen the tension.
- 4). Thread one of your needles with an 18-inch length of quilting thread. Make a small knot in the end of the single thread, and commence quilting. Follow the marked lines, working from the interior of the quilt to the outer edges. This will allow any potential fullness to be worked out toward the edges instead of being bound up in the center.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us