Borax and Lemon Juice
- 1). Mix borax and lemon juice in a bowl to make a paste. The lemon juice is acidic, which cuts through rust, while the borax has a mild, abrasive quality.
- 2). Dip a plastic scrubbing pad or steel wool in the paste and rub the rust stains until they are gone.
- 3). Dip a cloth in clean water and wipe the porch swing dry to remove remaining rust and cleaning solution.
- 1). Mix trisodium phosphate with 1 quart water in a bowl or bucket. Trisodium phosphate is a highly alkaline cleaning product often used by painters to clean walls. Find it at hardware or home stores.
- 2). Dip a plastic scrubbing brush or steel wool in the cleaning solution and rub the rust stains gently until they are gone.
- 3). Rinse with clean water and dry with a clean cloth.