Transferring files between cell phones.
- 1). Open the main menu of your cell phone. Select “Settings” and “Infrared Settings,” then select “Activate.” This step will vary from phone to phone. If this method does not work on your phone, refer to your owner's manual.
- 2). Match up the infrared ports on the cell phones. This will be red-colored plastic usually on the side or the top of the phone.
- 3). Find the file that you want to transfer, select it and choose “Transfer File.” This will bring up a list of options. Select “Infrared” and wait for the files to transfer. Depending on the file size, this usually takes between 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 4). Accept the file on the receiving phone and find a folder to place it in.
Transferring Data to Your Computer
- 1). Click on the “Start Menu” on your computer, then go to “Control Panel,” then “Device Manager” and “Infrared.” Select “Activate Infrared.”
- 2). Set your cell phone's infrared port next to the one on your computer. Wait for about 30 seconds and your computer should identify the infrared port on your phone.
- 3). Click on the file that you want to send from your phone and choose “Transfer File.” This will bring up a list of options. Select “Infrared” and wait for the files to transfer.
- 4). Transfer files from your computer to your cell phone by selecting the file by "right clicking" on it on your computer's mouse. Select “Transfer File” and select “Infrared.” Wait for the files to transfer.